- Cut pork from bone and remove as much fat as possible. Cube pork into 1” to 2” cubes. Brown the bone and fat to release oil. Remove and toss the browned fat bits but save the bone. Brown pork cubes and remove.
- Lightly brown onion and then add garlic for a few more minutes. Deglaze pot with some stock and add the pork, bone, and the 2nd set of ingredients. Simmer on very low heat for 2 hours covered.
- Add potato at -20min to end. Add red pepper at -10min to end. Add cilantro and corn at 5min to end. Skim oil (or cool). Salt to taste.
- Make a light rue to thicken if necessary (2:3 butter:flour). Let rue cool slightly and add a bit of room temp water then stock from stew.
- Yield: 6+
- Notes: 4x will fit in my 16qt pot. Freezer batch is roughly 1x order and needs the last set added (and probably some thickening)
Category: Southwest/Mexican Modified 1/4/13