- Remove seeds, spines, and stem from one habanero. Quarter the habanero and steep it in a 750 ml bottle of cheap vodka for roughly 24 hours at room temperature. Strain out and discard the habanero.
- I buy 14 oz bags of frozen puree (Goya brand) from my local Asian market.
- Mix 1st set and chill.
- Wet the rim of a small glass (Old Fashioned glass or smaller) with a bit of simple syrup and press it into a plate of coarse sugar.
- Add several ice cubes and fill with drink mix.
- Garnish with cilantro if you want but I don't.
- Source: This drink is served by Janos at Downtown Kitchen.
- Yield: 7 servings
Category: Drink Modified 7/14/14