Hibiscus Ginger Iced Tea
- To make ginger juice: Puree ginger in a food processor and squeeze the resultant paste through a few layers of cheese cloth. One pound of ginger will yield ¾ to 1 cup of juice but you can make less. Freeze leftover juice in teaspoon or tablespoon quantities using an ice cube tray.
- Boil water, remove from heat, and steep flowers, covered, for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain through an unlined strainer and then maybe again through a cheesecloth lined strainer being careful not to pass the small bits of flower sludge into the final drink
- Add ginger juice, agave, and salt to taste. Just lightly sweetened is best.
- Cool and serve with lots of ice. This will be strong enough to serve room temp on ice.
- Yield: 75oz, enough for 8 glasses.
Category: Southwest/Mexican Modified 12/11/13