- Notes: See Moscow Mule for ginger beer info. You can use a raw poblano but you'll get much better flavor out of a roasted one. I roast them whole over high flame on my kitchen stove and then let them cool in a bag. Then peal off most of the burnt skin and remove stem, seeds, and ribs. Quantity is to taste. I cut a pole-to-pole slice about half-inch wide. Mango puree/pulp can be bought in the freezer section of Asian grocery stores (often Goya brand). Or you can buy frozen mango chunks and puree them in a blender or food processor or do the same with fresh mango if it's in season. Mango juice might work fine as well so long as it's just mango (no sugar).
- Muddle the pepper and lime.
- Add the rest with plenty of ice.
- Stir gently and optionally garnish with a thin lime wedge.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Source: Contigo restaurant in Tucson.
Category: Drink Modified 11/17/14