Margarita, The One
- Salt or sugar the rim of a glass if you wish. You'll need something in the 10 oz+ range for this drink.
- Muddle 1st set in a shaker.
- Add the rest, shake with ice, and strain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a basil leaf if you wish.
- Source: Modified from Brian Metzer, owner of Jax Kitchen in Tucson. He used Milagro Silver tequila, Meyer lemon, basil-infused simple syrup, and orange-basil granita, which is an ice sorbet thing. I use Hornitos Reposado because it's what I have in the house. The OJ, basil, and white sugar represent a melted version of the granita. The normal lemon works fine but I bet a Meyer would be nice if you can find it.
- Note: This is a very light and refreshing margarita. Most of the sour lime flavor is replaced by sweet orange. Also note, I've made this is larger batches and really pressed and squeezed the basil. While this tastes fine, it can turn the drink a slightly unappetizing green color. So take it easy on the basil if you don't want a green drink.
- Yield: 1 large drink
Category: Drink Modified 8/25/14