Matzo Ball Soup
- Mix first two sets separately and then lightly fold together. Refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Lightly fluff the rested mixture with a fork. Make balls and drop into boiling stock. Do not compress balls or they will be too dense. I use a #60 ice cream scoop and very light hands to roll into balls.
- Simmer 20 minutes, adding veggies as needed. I add carrots at start and other quick cooking veggies like squash and spinach immediately after turning off the heat.
- Notes: 1 batch will fill an 8 quart pot. Modified on 1/9/09 to increase the ratio of balls to stock.
- Notes: In December 2012 I used whole wheat matzo meal and it worked great.
- Yield: 12+ large servings. A half batch is enough for a 12-person passover with a small 1-ball serving size.
Category: Jewish Modified 1/4/13