- Notes: Ginger beer is a non alcoholic soda. It differs from ginger ale mostly in that it has more ginger flavor. Some manufactures claime they "brew" it, which implies carbonation via brewing rather than soda water but I think they use that term very loosely. I like "Reeds Extra Ginger Brew", which can be found at many grocery stores. Bundaberg is supposed to be very good as well but it's harder to find (BevMo, CostPlus). This drink will be best if the ginger beer is pre-chilled. However, you'll get much more juice out of the limes if they are room temperature.
- Lightly muddle mint leaves.
- Add plenty of ice and the rest of first set, squeezing both ¼ lime wedges into the glass and tossing one spent wedge in the glass. You can also muddle one of these with the mint.
- Stir gently and optionally garnish with a thin lime wedge and a mint sprig.
- Note: I often just squeeze 1/2 of a lime per glass and garnish with a thin wedge.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Note: See Mango Mule for an interesting variation.
Category: Drink Modified 11/17/14