- Roughly peal ginger and cut off end caps. Slice into thin 1/8-inch slices.
- Remove dry outer leaves from lemongrass and slice off lower dry stub. Cut lower portion into ¼-inch thick rounds. Peal down to the center region of the middle to upper stalk and cut out a few 3-inch long by 1/4-inch wide slivers for garnish
- Cut ¼-inch thick rounds from the chili. Select whole chilis for garnish
- Squeeze fresh limes.
- Muddle 1st set in a cocktail shaker. Add 2nd set, fill with ice, and shake for at least 30 seconds. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into two glasses with fresh ice. Add a splash (roughly 1oz) of club soda to each glass. Top with a few lemongrass slivers and a whole chili.
- Note: The ingrediance for this drink can be hard to come by. Especially the Kaffir lime leaves. But if you can find everything it's a great drink. Full of bold Thai flavors. Don't bother with it if you're looking for a mild drink. You need to strain this through a fine mesh strainer or you'll get particulates from the muddling in your drinks.
- Yield: 2 drinks
- Source: Modified from official Thai recipe
Category: Drink Modified 7/14/14