Spiced Quinoa 1
onion, minced (or an equivalent amount of shallots)
chopped drained canned tomatoes
- Rinse the quinoa well in a sieve. If the quinoa has a sticky coating then go here for more info as this coating needs to be removed prior to cooking. This coating has been removed in every commercially available quinoa that I have used.
- Saute onion until it is softened. Add cumin, cinnamon, and turmeric, and cook mixture for 30 seconds.
- Add the quinoa and cook the mixture for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Source: Modified from Sara Moulton, Food Network
Category: American Modified 1/4/13