Spiced Quinoa 2
finely chopped onion
finely chopped peeled carrot
- Rinse the quinoa well in a sieve. If the quinoa has a sticky coating then go here for more info as this coating needs to be removed prior to cooking. This coating has been removed in all the commercially available quinoa that I have used.
- Saute onion and carrot in butter and oil (1T each) until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add the rest of 2nd set saute 1 minute.
- Add quinoa and stir 1 minute.
- Add water and simmer covered until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Source: Modified from Bon Appétit
- Excellent served with Moroccan Winter Squash and Carrot Stew
Category: American Modified 1/4/13