Frosted Lime Cookies
- Beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds
- Add sugar, baking soda, and lime zest and beat to combine.
- Add lime juice and beat to combine.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Mix in the rest with a wooden spoon.
- Drop rounded dough balls using teaspoons or small scoop 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10 to 11 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Cool on wire racks
- When cookies are room temperature...
- Mix 2nd set using enough lime juice to yield a glaze consistency. Can use another drop of green food coloring if you wish.
- Dip tops of cookies into glaze.
Category: Dessert Modified 4/22/14