German Potato Salad
- Cut the potatoes (I use a mandolin or food processor) into ¼ inch slices. Boil in well salted water until done. They should have a bit of snap to them or the salad will turn to mashed potatoes.
- Fry and crumble bacon, leaving all the bacon fat in the pan.
- Cook onion in bacon fat to desired doneness, adding flour near the end to form a roux
- Add 2nd set and cook to medium thickness
- Fold everything together
- Serve any temp but I like it warm (can be reheated in the microwave)
- Yield: 20 servings
- Source: Epicurious reprint from House & Garden, 1957
Category: American Modified 1/4/13