- Separately mix first two sets and set aside
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Process scrape process 3rd set for a bit
- With processor running, slowly add water mixture and process for 1.5 minutes (scrape)
- With processor running, slowly add tahini mixture and process a bit longer
- Hummus will taste best if left in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Variation: substitute ½ t cumin and a pinch of cayenne for the smoked paprika for a more traditional flavor
- Yield: 16 as a side dish, freezes well. This is a double batch as presented.
- Source: Modified from Cook’s Illustrated
Category: Middle Eastern Modified 4/22/14