Matzo Apple Kugel
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Break matzo into small pieces and soak in hot water. Wait one minute and drain.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then mix in the remaining ingredients. Mix with the matzo.
- Pour into greased 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Dot with butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then 300 degrees for another 20 minutes.
- Great warm or cold.
- Note: Can cut sugar in half if you want it less sweet.
- Yield: 12 large servings
- Calories: 3250/recipe and 270/serving (with 1 cup sugar)
- Source: Heather
Category: Jewish Modified 4/21/14