Mexican Red Rice
- I tend to use a can of diced or whole tomatoes for this and I give them a quick chop in a food processor. Don't drain them.
- Mix 1st set with enough chicken stock to make 3.5 cups and set aside
- Saute the onion until soft
- Add the rest of 2nd set and fry for 3 minutes
- Mix in liquids, cover, and cook on lowest heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Can serve as is or transfer to a casserole dish, garnish with cheese, and bake slightly to melt cheese.
- Can also add pre-heated green pees and/or cilantro at the end if you wish.
Category: Southwest/Mexican Modified 2/27/13