Mint Maple Leaf
- Keep everything at room temp.
- Muddle a few mint leaves into each glass and fill each glass halfway with ice.
- Shake everything else vigorously with more ice in a shaker and strain into prepared glasses
- Can garnish with a cinnamon stick
- Note: You will taste the bourbon in this drink so use something decent. I've used and liked Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, and 1792 so far. All can be had in the $24 to $28 range for a 750 ml bottle.
- Large batch tip: To mix a large batch you can skip the muddle and shake steps. Just toss a few mint springs into the mixture and leave them in there. Then just poor over ice to serve.
- Yield: 3 servings but I would turn this into only 2 drinks.
- Source: Elizabeth and the web
Category: Drink Modified 5/19/14