- Tear bread into small chunks and pulse with melted butter, salt, and pepper in a food processor until coarsely ground. Yield should be around 3.5 cups.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet at 350 until deep golden brown and dry. Should take around 15 minutes, stir every 5 minutes.
- Cool crumbs at least 10 minutes, transfer to a large flat-bottomed dish and toss with chopped parsley.
- Place 1/4 cup flour in another container.
- Whisk 3rd set in a yet another container. You should have 3 containers of stuff now.
- Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place it in a backing sheet. Preheat oven to 425.
- Dry the fish and season with salt and pepper. One fillet at a time: (a) dredge in flower & shake off excess, (b) use hands to coat with egg mixture, and (c) coat all sides with bread crumb pressing gently to get a thick layer.
- Place fish on wire rack and bake at 425 until centers register 120 to 130. Should take less than 15 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Source: Modified from Cook's Illustrated
Category: American Modified 1/23/13