- Peel and half the beets. Coat them lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast them in a slightly open foil packet at 400 until soft, about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Let beets cool and slice or chop them to your liking.
- Layer beets in large container with onions.
- Boil 2nd set to melt sugar, pour over beets, and refrigerate for 3 to 7 days before eating. Press beets down so that they are covered by the liquid. I needed, add more liquid 50:50 red wine vinegar and water.
- Beets will last for weeks.
- Source: Modified from Food Network
Category: American Modified 5/3/20