Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Mix first set then cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs
- Add water and honey and stir until dough leaves side of bowl and rounds up into a ball. Can add 1 to 2 T more water if dough is too dry.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and kneed lightly until smooth.
- Roll out to 3/4” thick and cut into 2” to 3” rounds.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1” apart for crusty sides or touching for soft sides (we let them touch).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for soft biscuits or 12 for firmer biscuits (we bake for 8 to 10).
Category: American Modified 1/4/13