(Bread Machine Mix - Half Batch)
- Note: This recipe uses a bread machine to mix, heat, and rest the bread but then you form and bake the rolls by hand. This simplifies things since all mixing, kneading and warming are done by the machine. Compared to the by-hand version this is a ½ batch. I typically make two of these ½ batches in sequence for large Thanksgiving meals.
- Mix everything in bread machine and let it run through a dough mode.
- Roll out 1 inch thick, cut to desired size, and place 1" apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with towel and let rise in a worm place until double in bulk - 30 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Yield: 1 baking sheets full, about 25 rolls when using a 2” biscuit cutter
- Calories: 2560/recipe and 100/roll
- Source: Gail Fine and "some magazine".
- Modified by Andy for for rapid rise yeast and mixing/resting dough in bread machine on 4/11