(Hand Mix - Full Batch)
- In a stand mixer combine first set and mix well
- Heat second set to a temperature of 120 to 130 degrees and immediately add to the flour mixture. Beat about 3 minutes on medium speed
- With a wooden spoon gradually add enough flour to make a stiff, not sticky dough. Knead the dough by hand for about 10 minutes. (Stand mixer would be fine but mine can only fit 1/2 a batch so I knead by hand).
- Cover dough with a hand towel and let rest 10 minutes
- Roll out 1 inch thick, cut to desired size, and place 1" apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with towel and let rise in a worm place until double in bulk - 30 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Yield: 2 baking sheets full, about 55 rolls when using a 2” biscuit cutter
- Calories: 5320/recipe and 95/roll
- Source: Gail Fine and "some magazine".