Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango
- Sweet/sticky rice is an unsweetened starchy rice available at asian markets.
- Rinse rice several times and soak 6 to 10 hours in plenty of water.
- Drain rice, loosely wrap in several layers of cheese cloth, steam on a bamboo steamer or equivalent for 25 minutes or until desired consistency. Don’t let the rice touch the water during cooking.
- Heat 2nd set to dissolve sugar. Don’t let it boil.
- Mix 75% of syrup with the freshly cooked rice and set aside to cool. Can be refrigerated for later use.
- To serve, reheat (microwave) rice until slightly warm and top with remaining syrup and lots of ripe mango