- Husk corn and roast over a hot grill until it has a fair bit of blackened parts. This will probably take 15 minutes or so, rotating every 4 minutes or so.
- Let corn cool slightly and then cut the kernels off the cobs. I typically cut the corn in half, put a cut end down on a cutting board, hold the end, and slice down with a chef knife right along the cob. This is much safer than trying to cut the kernels off a whole ear.
- Gently warm 2nd set while whisking to combine. Pour over corn in a medium bowl.
- Garnish with 3rd set and serve with chips.
- Note: You can let this cool and serve cold or reheat if you like. I think it's best warm.
- Yield: 8 as a snack, 4 as a lunch.
- Source: The Elote Cafe Cookbook
Category: Southwest/Mexican Modified 5/11/20