Yams with Toasted Spice Rub
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into 1/2 thick rounds. Boil until done.
- Individually roast the fennel, coriander, and peppercorns in a dry fry pan
- Grind roasted spices with remaining 2nd set ingredients. You will get close to ½ cup of spice rub.
- In as many steps as necessary: melt some butter and sugar in a fry pan, add some spice rub and the potatoes. Toss to coat and heat until warm. Adjust quantities of butter, sugar, and spice rub to you liking. I use 2 to 4 T of spice rub for this recipe.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Calories: 1750/recipe and 220/serving and 46/oz
- Source: Modified from Michael Chiarello on Food Network