Moroccan Winter Squash and Carrot Stew
14 1/2 ounce can
ground black pepper
diced tomatoes, drained
1-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (from 1 1/2-pound squash)
3/4-inch cubes peeled carrots
2 fresh mint (optional)
- Saute onion until soft adding the garlic for the last 1 minute.
- Add 2nd set and bring to boil.
- Add squash and carrots and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add cilantro and mint before serving (save some for garnish if you wish)
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Source: Modified from Bon Appétit
- Excellent served with Spiced Quinoa 2
Category: Moroccan Modified 1/4/13